cutest blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Best Part of Valentines Day

At 11:32 pm Feb. 14, 1999 my son Jacob was born. He was right on schedule, due that very day. I was so excited to meet him and so ready to be his mom. I'd wanted him for several years before. Little did he know he'd be born on one of the best holidays ever. I've always thought of Valentines Day as kind of an extension to my birthday. Lots of people think its just an ordinary day but I think it's pretty great. I think Valentines Day is right where he belongs.

 He's going through a time right now where his emotions run quite rampant. He is still his usual loving self but he has gotten a lot more selfish and guarded in his old age. He is quite the procrastinator and often provoking or antagonizing. He is sneaky about it too. You'd never believe that such a sweet, funny boy could be such a turd! I'll admit he comes by it honestly. He lets a lot of things go though too. He is very forgiving, generous, and easily swayed (usually). Which I fear could get the best of him if he's not careful.

 I cannot believe he's turning 13! Jason said to me the other day, "have you seen how big that kid is getting?" Why yes, yes I have! He is a big kid. Yes, he has always been big. He came out that way but dang! I'm waiting for for a growth spurt though. It's coming. He has kind of slowed down. Josh is pretty much caught up to him now. It's kind of hard on him I think because a lot is expected from the bigger kids. They're usually expected to be stronger, older, and tougher than the rest. Although he is pretty tough he is easily hurt too and he has his share of fears.

He is not always the most athletically inclined but he does love sports. He especially loves watching football. I think playing it might intimidate him a little bit but he keeps on playing and pushing himself to get better. His team recently had their football banquet (pizza party) and he was one of only two to get a plaque. His was for Most Improved Player! He was beaming. Unfortunately he missed the party. It was Jasons birthday and we were having tacos. His friend Laron brought him the plaque. He was pretty excited too which I thought was interesting since Jacob had received in-house and Laron was suspended one day for a fight they had gotten into just a day or so prior.

I'm so proud of how smart he is. School and academics have never been my strong suit so to watch him thrive is pretty exciting to me. I know he struggles but he manages to stay on top. He has band and an English class this year that are giving him a little run for his money. Don't tell, but I think his English teacher is part retarded anyway.



He tried and tried and cried and cried to get up up on that gosh darn knee board. It was tough but he did it and he was ecstatic!
 He loves to travel and to see and try new things. He likes his Pa and his brother and sister too.
 He loves his mom. He really does and that's pretty awesome. He loves his dad a little too.
 Whoohoo! Optimus Prime AND Bumble Bee in VEGAS, baby! He was keeping his excitement on the down low but I know the truth.
 Basically, our family just wouldn't be the same without him. He's pretty much the best Valentines Day gift ever! I wouldn't change a thing about him. I just love his smile, his goofy little giggle, and the way he makes me laugh so much! He's so darn handsome, smart, and funny and I'm just so glad to be his mom.
Happy Birthday, Jacob! You're a TEENAGER!! Enjoy every second of it and keep on becoming the best that you can be. I love you so much!

1 comment:

Susanna Landon said...

I still remember coming over and visiting that little guys. He looks like he is a super good kid and his goofy pictures remind me so much of Jason. Wish we lived closer so I could enjoy your kids!