cutest blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

High Time...!

So today marks the second day of the Wii fit plus workout. Yes, I've had the dang thing three or four years now and never keep up with my goals set. I'm thinking it's high time I pull myself out of this funk! I have never lost the 60+ pounds I gained with my last two pregnancies...almost 12 years ago! I never have any energy and just feel lazy most of the time. I'm 85% of the time sore after bits of activity...including climbing in and out of the truck on a day date. That's pretty darn sad! I just feel sore all over all of the time and it doesn't take much to hurt myself.
I've been telling myself to get busy and stay motivated. I often fantasize about the younger, thin, and busy self I once was. I've never been very fit or strong but I often think of how nice that would be. I don't think it would take a whole lot to lose the weight and maybe even build a few muscles. I say this because in passed experience only minor changes have made differences in me. Just going to work I lost 25+ pounds in the first year (depending on the day). I would be happy to lose 20 pounds or so and to just feel better in my clothes and have more energy.
I tell myself these things all the time. I've had numerous conversations with others and watched them set and start to achieve their goals. All the while I sit back feeling frustrated with myself and making one excuse after the other. Lately there have been a few occasions where I've literally made myself sick with the amount and sometimes quality of the food I eat. I do love food...A LOT! I love good food too though and need to start eating better and smaller proportions. I need to drink more water and much less soda. Mostly, I think it's just high time I start exercising on a regular basis.
 I know the mistakes I make and what I need to be better. I'm starting with the Wii. I like it. I have fun doing it. It always breaks me into a sweat and gets the heart a pumping. I've thought about getting a gym membership and I have a friend who is doing Weight Watchers. She's doing really good. I just don't know if I feel like counting calories that closely. I just need to be smarter about my food choices and eat less of it. I have P90X, Zumba, Wii, and the Xbox. Why buy into yet another thing like the gym? I'd like to have a membership just so I can go with my friends from work when I can but I feel like I need to start at home first with the tools I already have.
So now I've announced to all of cyber space...(at least to those who stop by my blog) that I'm about to get busy. I hope I can start and stick with something this time. I really want to. I want to feel better and much less gross about myself. So wish me luck and feel free to offer any suggestions or join me for a walk or a work out!
Probably won't be me anytime soon...I'd sure like it to be. We'll see.

Pictures via pinterest.com 

4 comments:

Nana said...

Good for you! I really need to be much better about what I'm doing too. I really feel like I'm crippling myself with all this weight. I know what I need to do, but I'm really having a hard time getting with it!

I'm sending positive energy your way. I know how much better you can feel with just a few changes. Keep it up!

Fealyclan said...

Thank you! i hope I can stick to it. I'm so ready to feel better. :)

Kristi said...

Would you like me to make you one of my famous collard green smoothies? They are guaranteed to make you puke. I personally like my food too, and I don't like eating gross vegetables. But alas, if it were easy we would all be size 4's. Have you tried Zumba? I love it, and it's fun! It makes you sweat too!

Fealyclan said...

I have Zumba but I've only tried it once! that's how lame I am...lol! i'm building up to P90X this time so Zumba comes after the Wii fit. I just want to get moving to start and Wii is easy.