cutest blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

No Better Man


The other night Jason and I were talking about this and that and somehow the comment, "you could never do better than me" came right out of his mouth! At first I was like, HEY!! But then I shortly realized and admitted that he was right. I know he's not perfect, and I know I've said this before, but he is perfect for me. I just love the way he sees me and how he looks at me. He takes such good care of me and has the kindest heart. He has so much knowledge and humility and knows exactly how to get to me.

Last night after a not so pleasant ending to a work day, he calls me (just as I'm dialing my boss to tell her I'm not cut out for the job). I knew I shouldn't answer. He always makes me cry more and I did. However, by the end of our conversation I was feeling much more at ease and confident in my ability to pick myself up, brush myself off, and move on. He fights for me when I have no more fight left and loves me anyway.

Approximately 17 years ago I met a boy at volleyball who caught my eye. I had to reign things in though because I was pretty sure a 19 year old boy couldn't handle my mixed up self and a 4 year old. We played with the idea of a relationship for a bit but quickly part ways for a while. A year and a half later I called him up. He wouldn't return my calls for 2 weeks! Apparently I was a bit of a jerk the last time we'd tried to spend time together. Finally he answered the phone and was caught. One part of our conversation went something like this...

Me: Remember that one time you told me to let you know when I was ready to get married?
Him: Yeah, I guess.
Me: Well, I'm ready! (probably a little nervous laughter)
Him: (after a moment of silence) Really!?
Me: Yeah
Him: Ok
Me: Want to come over?
Him: Now?
Me: Yeah
Him: Ok

 The rest is history! We were married six months later. It's been 15 years! We've had our moments of doubt. We've had our heated fights, storming away, and shouting empty threats. We've had some real lows and some amazing highs. This might not sound so great but somewhere in the past few years he has truly become my very best friend and the love of my life. I think we have grown up together. We've learned so much about ourselves, each other, and how to raise a family. There really is no other better man for me.


 
Our song. Our first dance. Our promise.

1 comment:

Laynah said...

That conversation KILLS me! Ahh its so cuuute :) Love love love you both.