cutest blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kind of a Big Deal


So here is the (semi) final product. It's still missing a drawer pull. The dresser made it into the house and is already serving it's purpose. My father in law has his clothes tucked away for the next few days he'll be staying with us and a few of our remotes, games, and movies have a home too. It's supposed to be a little "shabby-chic" with the distressed type paint job and the lacquered handles but I don't know about that. All in all I think it turned out okay and my family seems to approve so that's good news.


As for the next thing I'm about to tell you...I'll probably end up in "hot water" I don't know.
There is a pretty strong possibility that we will be planning a wedding here in the next few months for Laynah. Her boyfriend Matthew is supposed to come meet with and speak to Jason Friday night. I just can't seem to focus on anything else right now. My mind keeps going back to the subject. Nothing is set in stone yet of course. He still needs to ask her but I'm already feeling the pressure. I'm excited for her but I feel like I'm not quite allowed to be yet and I'm concerned and worried if they're really ready and right for each other. I like him. He's a nice boy and he has a good strong LDS family. He's not quite who I imagined for her but I guess that is not really up to me. They have known each other for about a year but have only been dating a few months and it feels kind of strange that most of the family on either side hasn't even met him yet.

 

 I guess you could say they (we) need some prayers. I know she loves him and he loves her. In his words "she's the best part of his day". She lights up at the mention of his name and he makes her laugh and feel safe. He's a hard worker and she says he inspires her to be better. They are just so young and it seems so fast. I really want them to be ready as much as I know one is never quite "ready" to be married and start a family.
So anyways, it's time for some family dinners and as I said before, some prayers sent their way. If this really is going to happen I'm going to need some advice and any resources any of you might know of. I'm not looking forward to all the extra shifts I'm going to be picking up here in the near future either, so hopefully we can find a way to DIY, upcycle, and create a pretty little wedding.

Let's just hope this guy manages to keep a smile on his face for the next few days in particular and in the months to come.

(Isn't he cute?)

P.S. My intention is not to shock or make any actual announcements at this point, I just needed to put this out there in hopes that I can now shrug it off a little bit and move on with my day.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I sent Layners a Facebook message to let her know how I feel. I agree it seems very soon, and I'm worried she may not get the opportunity to date this guy she was already "planning" a wedding for. However, people will make their own decisions despite everyone's advice. She needs to pray VERY hard for the next little bit, and as my mom always used to say, "nothing's final until you've agreed across the altar!" Marriage is such a big deal. I don't think I even knew what I was in for. Luckily, the guy I chose was pretty darn great to get me through! Good luck. I'm not looking forward to this with my kids. Hahaha

Fealyclan said...

Yeah she said you sent her a message. I know she appreciates advice coming from her aunts. You all mean a lot to her. I hope all goes well and hopefully no one ends up with a broken heart or regrets.

Kara said...

Not to down play the situation, but...did anyone else notice Jacob in the slide behind Laynah and her boyfriend? That is HILARIOUS! When we do meet her boyfriend, I'm making fun of his retarded sunglasses...nothing but love for the kid!
Can I just say my robot words are "rshole" and "ghteoff"

Fealyclan said...

Jacob said he was trying to look like a creeper. I was hoping he'd be smiling a little bit but it turned out kind of hilarious...yes it did.
lol