cutest blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm Getting Old...

....And enjoying it!

When I was younger a lot of the kids my age would often confuse my parents for my grandparents. My parents would always joke about getting old and it's not all too infrequent that I might hear someone complain about aging. I've always said, you're only as old as you act. I'm realizing those words are sometimes much easier said than done. I might be turning 38 and although sometimes I might only feel 18 or 28, there are other days I feel 108.
 So, I'm having fun. At least I'm planning on it. The next couple of lists will only be nine long which will bring us to lucky number 38.

Top 9 Favorite Things and Activities:

1) Thrill Rides: Gotta love a good roller-coaster, mud bogging or 4-wheeling, and boating. Although I'm pretty darn freaked out about heights and hurting myself...maybe even plummeting to my death...I'm considering a zipline adventure. Our friends have a time share in Big Bear. I'm thinking we stay there over night or so and go ziplining through the mountains. 
2) Days at the Beach: Oh how I love a great day at the beach. As I get older I find my fear of things like waves and stuff increasing. For that reason I had not actually played in the waves for a long time. Amazing to me since it used to be near impossible to get me out of the water. However, this last trip we made I actually got in passed my knees and had so much fun! The water was so salty and burned the heck out of my eyes but I was so happy I played anyways. Definitely need more beach trips.

3) Campfires: Oh how I love sitting by the fire and all things camping. It's always a lot of work getting all packed up, set up, and tearing down and sometimes it seems like too much of a hassle. I love it though. I think the memories made, time spent outdoors, and sitting around the fire is so worth it.

4) Good Movies: In this house we love a good movie. I pretty much love them all. from a great Disney to Transformers. My favorite movie ever for it's humor, love story, action intensity, and drama is, "Always." It is just the best movie ever in my opinion. Even though it is hard to choose just one favorite.
5) Family Time: Of all the things to do in life and all the things that money can buy. Time spent with the family is the most valuable. It's amazing how much more exciting things can be through the eyes of my children. Whether we're just laying around, watching them play their sports, or taking them to their first hockey game; every bit of time spent with my family is my favorite. In this video you can see our friend John jump up with excitement and just to the left you can see Jasons head. Haha! So fun. I want more!
6) Out on the Lake: My husbands favorite kind of camping is staying in a hotel at the lake. As much as I love sleeping in a tent, I can't say as I blame him. It is nice to play all day on the lake, boating, tubing, and soaking up the fun to then be able to return to a hotel room with a shower and a bed. It's kind of great, actually.


7) I love to look for Rainbows: The sky never ceases to amaze me. To me, it's affirmation of a Great and Magnificent Heavenly Father. Looking at all the wonders in the sky makes me very happy to be alive. 



This picture below is from pinterest.com but boy do I wish I was there!

8) Rain: I guess while I'm talking about the sky, I'll add my love of Rain. I know it can muddy things up and maybe cause a little chaos, confusion, or even a cancellation but I love it anyway. Not only does it contribute to a beautiful sky but it's got plenty of other benefits as well. There is nothing better than  the coziness of a rainy day cuddled up under a blanket wearing my fluffy socks. Is there anything more romantic than the idea of kissing or dancing in the rain? I don't think so. Besides all those things, it waters the earth, helps things to grow, and freshens up the air.

9) A Girl has got to Eat: Boy oh boy do I love food. My back side if proof of that. I love food of all kinds and I'm willing to try anything once. I love the sight, smells, and flavors of food but my favorite thing, or the thing that makes me crave it, is it's texture. I can eat any time but I love eating with friends and family. I love to laugh, visit, and catch up over a good meal or tasty dessert. Some of my favorites include sushi, steak, potatoes, and fresh veggies prepared any and every way. I love Hawaiian Haystacks. That's usually my birthday dinner when Jason cooks for me instead of taking me out.

"Hawaiian Haystacks" that's what my mom called it anyway:
Rice
shredded chicken in a tasty chicken gravy
Chinese noodles (those dry ones) they're not my favorite but is the "hay" in the haystack
cheese, lettuce, tomatoes
pineapple
sliced almonds
chestnuts (not my favorite either)
celery and maybe some shredded carrots
chick peas (I think that's what they're called) or those beans hummus is made out of
sour cream or ranch dressing
basically use your imagination as far as the toppings are concerned
First cook the rice in one pot and chicken gravy in another.Start with the dry noodles (if you like), then the rice and top with the gravy.Then just start layering all the toppings, mix up, and enjoy! Like I said, I like texture and this meal has lots of it.

I also love kisses...the ones by Hershey's (but the other ones too!). I love cheese cake and my most recent obsession is cupcakes. This one was from Double D cupcakes in Lancaster but my favorites are from Nadia Cakes in Palmdale across from the mall. Both shops have won on TLC's Cupcake Wars.
This has actually been kind of fun for me. I might be aging but that just means I'm alive. I'm alive and able to enjoy all the things I love. No matter how hard life might get sometimes I'm so glad there are still things to wake up to and enjoy.So, thanks for reading to the end of another list. I tried to break up this one with lots of pictures and videos. Hopefully it was a little easier to read.

No comments: