cutest blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Valentine!

As a little girl I used to love Valentines Day. It was always like an extension of my birthday. I loved the colors, the cards, the candy, and just the way it made me feel. So just imagine how excited I was to have a Valentines baby. I had wanted another baby after Laynah was about two years old and had to realize that he'd come when the time was right. Little did I know back then that the man would have to be right too! When Jason & I got married we pretty much started trying right away for a baby. We'd wanted to ease into our new little family but were also excited about expanding a little bit. We had Jacobs name picked out before we were even married. Although we were never able to see or find out by ultrasound what he would be I knew he was a boy. I had "known" with each of my kids, except Josh, he surprised me. I was so in love with my boy.

The first week of his life was a litte traumatic to say the least but an incredible learning experience at the same time. From the time that Jacob was born he has made me laugh out loud on a daily basis. He makes me feel so loved and important. He is the only one of my three kids that was almost instantly cured by my kisses and needed me the most when he was hurt or sick. The other two just handle things differently. He always needs a hug and a kiss, always tells me he loves me, and completely comes "un-glued" when things get heated around here.

Just an example: Just recently Joshua got in trouble and was put on restriction. One of the conditions once he was off was going to be that he could only come and go with Jacob. As much as they fight sometimes one would have thought Jacob would have been upset by that. Instead, a week or so into the restriction Jacob asked if that would still be the case, not because he was trying to get out of it but because, " I just think it would be better so he doesn't get in trouble", is what he said. Just a few hours before he had been arguing with his brother but as soon as he knew he was in trouble he became very concerned for him.

Yesterday we attended his Priesthood preview meeting. He has interviewed with the bishop to be ordained next Sunday. I can't believe he's 12 already! As he turns another year older I start forseeing how fast the next few years will pass too. Next thing I know he'll be heading out on his mission! He is such a blessing and such a joy. I am so proud of him and so excited to see him pass the Sacrament next week. Although my heart twists up a little inside of me at the thought of his next milestones I'm excited for him for this one. I know he is one of Heavenly Father's most choice spirits and will serve Him well.

No comments: