cutest blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Comings and Goings

This weekend I found out that a friend I had in highschool and roomed with at one point when Laynah was little, has passed away. The thought keeps lingering in my mind. It is a very sad loss leaving behind three very confused girls. My friend Jaymee and I have not been close for several years because the choices we've made have lead us in different directions but I can't believe she's gone. It's just so weird. On a good note though, and as He always does, the Lord offers one new spirit to this life as He takes one home. Yesterday Kristi & Eric added a third little boy to their (our) family. Quinn Michael Sandberg born May 17, 2010 at 8:03 am. I had slept alot the night before so when Jason got up for work I got up too. We decided to meet up and go see little Quinn. For a Sandberg baby he's actually a little chunk, hanging out inside his mommy for a few more weeks than his brothers and sister. It was so fun to see him and get to hold him. Its always fun to see Jason all excited about the new babies and he always is.
                                      
I've just been thinking about this crazy little life of ours and how life comes and goes. I've had the opportunity or more appropriately, gotten off my duff and reconnected with a few friends that hung together with my friend Jaymee & I. We've talked about our memories and talked about our beliefs. We've also talked about how life goes on and how one life links to another...or how circumstances lead to another. I got to thinking, if I'd never met Jaymee, I most likely would not have Laynah. I do believe (or know) that our families are predetermined in some way so I feel that had I waited for the right time and the right man, Laynah would have come along eventually but had I never been on base one night with my friend Jaymee, I wouldn't have the Laynah I have today. I know that sounds like a weird set of circumstances but sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm so thankful for my expanding family and all the new and old frienships that the years have brought me. I'm thankful for lifes little twists and turns. I know that Jaymee's family is heart broken and stunned right now but I got a very strong feeling today that Jaymee will be accepting the gospel very soon. She wanted it a few times before but I think she'll have it now and maybe a refreshed spirit will burn in her girls' hearts and guide them to a better way of life. I can hope.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Tell Jason to wipe that silly grin off his face! I think he's doing it to piss me off!!!

Fealyclan said...

he he he at least he's not sticking his tongue out.