2009 has been something else. We've all grown so much closer as a family. My husband is or has become more of my friend than ever before. Jason being off work "broken" for almost a year could have been seen as a negative and maybe in some ways it was but in the ways that matter most it was a blessing in my opinion. I went to work at a job I am really learning to love. I say learning because its always a challenge but there is always something to learn even on the worst nights. While I was working and actually contributing to the household (financially) for the first time in over 11 years, Jason was at home being my "house husband" (ha ha). He got a taste of housework, kids, homework, chores, and errands as a house wife does everyday. His relationships with the kids have grown and changed for the better while I got to see how working a full time job feels on a body and on ones patience. We really started to appreciate each other and enjoy each other more.
As I take my 45 minute ride to work I think about these things sometimes and as the holidays came and went I thought more about how blessed and happy I am.
We have three amazing kids who keep us busy all the time, can worry us to death, and manage to keep us laughing most of the time. Laynah has graduated highschool, started college, got her drivers licence and her first job. She has really good friends and very strong values. She has managed to stay a really good girl in not repeating any (or most) of our mistakes, at least to our knowledge, but I feel pretty sure. She is very loving even if she doesn't choose to show it all the time and very passionate about her thoughts and feelings. I'm just really proud of her and so happy to be her mom. Jacob and Joshua are also very loving and sensative. They love to meet people and make friends. They are both so smart and have their own crazy personalities and quirky humors. They can "tear each others heads off" sometimes but play so well together too. I'm also very happy and feel very blessed to be their mom. I can't believe how big they're getting! They have both grown so tall and so strong. Every time I look at them I feel sad about years passed and my cute little chubby babies but excited about their futures and who they are today.
When I started this little posting I was just going to post a few Christmas pictures, although I'm sure most of you have already seen them on facebook. So I guess I'll do that now. We had a fun Christmas. It's always a nicer when you have a little head start on things. This year we actually had presents under the tree almost right after we put it up at the beginning of December! We had a nice New Years Eve/Day too. Jason & I usually go out and Laynah is stuck as the designated babysitter. This year we let her go out, even though that got pretty messed up, and Jason & I stayed home playing games, watching football, Travis Pestrana jump his stock car across the ocean 260 something feet, and Dick Clarks Rockin' Eve. It was fun. Simple, but fun. I think I over exhausted myself though. I had worked the night before and never took a nap. I rested but my brain just couldn't sleep. So as 1 :00 am rolled around I was pretty much toast and I think I 'm still feeling it today.Oh well!! I hope everyone has had a great year too and is ready for whatever 2010 has to offer. I hope its a great year for everyone.
Our Christmas house. :o)
Santa loves our kids...





Jason asked for nerf guns for Christmas. He actually asked for them back when his foot was broken and he couldn't chase the kids down. He is very well armed now! He is SUCH a big kid!! Gotta love him though.
I had to work Christmas night. It worked out ok, I guess. I wish I could've gone to Christmas dinner and just spent the day hanging out playing with all of our new stuff (instead of sleeping). We had a fun charge nurse on that night though & I took a few pictures. The unit looked great too. All through the month it got more and more decorated. I don't know how the patients liked it but it was fun for us working.