cutest blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So Thankful

I just wanted to take a few minutes to be grateful for all of my blessings. I am thankful always for so many things in my life. I may not always stop and really show it but I feel it in some way every day and not just at this time of year. However I do love this time of year when there is more focus on gratitude.
I guess where I should start then is with my Heavenly Father. I love Him so much and I'm so grateful for His love and patience with me. I have made so many mistakes (some more than once) and have really wanted to give up. Knowing that He is there, that He loves me, has a plan for me, and wants me to succeed always encourages me to pick myself up and start new or just try harder. I am truely thankful for the gospel and the guidance being a Latter Day Saint  gives us in these trying times.
I am thankful for my parents who were converts to the church and lived it so fully. My parents always accepted and appreciated their church callings as their opportunity to grow closer to the gospel and ultimately to Him. They were always an example of service and faith. They were not blessed with the easiest, most faithful, or obedient children but no matter what, they showed unwaivering faith and love for Heavenly Father and for each of us. I'm so thankful for their example. I'm thankful that they never gave up on me or stopped believing in me. I'm thankful for my brother and sisters too. We might have several years and stubborn minds between us at times but I love each of them so much. I'm thankful for all of my memories growing up. My dad always took two weeks off in the summer for our family to spend time together and taught us kids to appreciate this land we live in. Some of these things may not happen as much if at all anymore but I'm thankful for the times we shared. I wish my kids had more of these same kinds of memories but I'm glad I have the stories to tell.
I have so many things to be thankful for. I am thankful for all of my experiences (the good and the bad). I believe it's who I am and what gives me character . I'm most thankful though that those experiences have lead me to where I am today and to being with who I'm with today. I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for saving such an amazing man for me. I once thought I'd wasted that opportunity but yet again this is a testament of Heavenly Fathers plan and everything happening for a reason. I truely "loved the wrong ones" before finding "the right one". Therefore, I can really appreciate Jason for being the perfect man...wait...the perfect man for me. He is so smart and so loving. He is so strong in so many ways but gentle and kind hearted. He works very hard for our family and is so in love with all of his family. I love how he makes me laugh and how he hates to see anyone sad or hurt. I could probably spend a million words on him and all the people I love, for that matter, and never really express how thankful and blessed I feel to have them in my life.
I'm thankful for each of our children and for the people thay are becoming. I could go on about each of them individually but if you know them you know how much interest, adventure, and love they bring into our lives. I'm thankful they have each other and for the love they have for one another when they decide to show it a little. Nothing in this world warms my heart as much as watching them play together, laugh together, or just are there for each other when they need to be. I love catching them in their "moments of weakness" when they share a secret, make one another laugh or even lean in a little closer or HUG...yes, folks it happens. They are each so special to me in so many ways.
I might almost be done here but I do have to say how grateful I am for all of my extended family and for each of my friends. I love having so many people be so accepting of me with or without all my flaws. Whether you/they were dooped into it by marriage or some other reason, I'm just glad they're part of my life and for the many lessons learned, stories told, and memories we share. On that note I must say, those are the greatest things I'm grateful for but to name just a few more, I'm So Thankful for:

1) All of my senses
2) a health(ish) body and mind
3) an education, the freedoms we enjoy, and the people who fight for the rights to that freedom
4) strong, honorable people
5) such a beautiful world and all of its amazing creatures, sites/sights, sounds, and sensations
6) for a job that challenges me but gives me the opportunity to meet/know people, to help them, or to really just see life in so many perspectives and in its cycles....and to be able to help provide for my family.


...thank you, for letting me take up so much blog space. I'm sorry for any wordiness or run on thoughts. I 'm finding I tend to be that way without sleep and haven't put myself to bed yet since about this time yesterday. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holiday Season.