These are all old pictures but Jason had the other computer with some of the more recent ones. These are just a few of my favorites anyway.The other night Jacob woke up afraid from a dream and not feeling so good and I ended up laying down with him in his bed to try and get him calmed down. I just got to thinking about how much I love him and his brother. They have grown so much and so fast. I know I've put a lot on here lately about the life & times of Laynah & I must say I really do love having my daughter. Girl talk & girl stuff is so much fun but I'm so thankful for my boys too. They have such different personalities and I love that they still don't mind kissing me in front of their friends.
They both love their family so much. I think they just feel free to be themselves with them and make people laugh. Both of them have a never ending desire for knowledge. If you've spent any time with them you know how true that is. They are always asking questions and pushing their limits. At times this can be very annoying but its still something I love about them. I love that they have each other and I hope that no matter how much they fight they will always be there for each other and will grow closer as they get older. I love when they talk to each other and work on things together. It is the cutest and most endearing thing ever.
So, Jason says I'm way too winded but I just felt like sharing about how lucky I feel and how blessed I am to have all of my kids and grateful I am for each of them with and without the things that drive me nuts, make them individuals and make them so special to me. They are all getting so big! When I lay in Jacobs bed I realized that the "spoon" was pretty dang full! He's almost the length of his bed now and they both out grew the tub a long time ago. Laynahs' pretty frustrated by the thought of them passing her in height probably much sooner than she'd like.
Jacob is so tender and sensitive. He has a great sense of humor. I've felt so bad for him because of all the crap he gets from some of the neighbor kids. He is often misunderstood. I think since we've moved here he has not only grown and matured but he's also built up defenses because of how cruel kids and life can be sometimes. He's learned to walk away but I know how much it hurts him to not fit in all the time. He is the boy that can quietly entertain himself and he's like his dad in the respect that he just knows stuff. He is very smart and has gotten straight A's almost all year in school. I love his hugs. I love how he makes me laugh and I love to watch him just be who he is. Thats another thing he's able to do like his dad.
Joshua needs to constantly be entertained. He is not the sit quietly and chill type of kid. He never has been. He loves to be the center of attention. I was worried that might realy hinder him in school but he has also done very well. Our school only hands out number grades in his grade and a 4 is like an A. Most of the teachers don't hand them out because they want the kids to have "room to improve". So, he gets a few 4's but mostly 3's. He likes to talk out of turn and like I said, just be the center of attention. He LOVES to be outside. He loves to ride his bike, skateboard, and play sports (they both do but Jacob likes the inside too). Joshua pays so much attention to detail and always recognizes little things that some might not. He's also usually pretty willing to help. He tends to be the "runner" . He loves being the "baby" and will always be my baby.

Joshua needs to constantly be entertained. He is not the sit quietly and chill type of kid. He never has been. He loves to be the center of attention. I was worried that might realy hinder him in school but he has also done very well. Our school only hands out number grades in his grade and a 4 is like an A. Most of the teachers don't hand them out because they want the kids to have "room to improve". So, he gets a few 4's but mostly 3's. He likes to talk out of turn and like I said, just be the center of attention. He LOVES to be outside. He loves to ride his bike, skateboard, and play sports (they both do but Jacob likes the inside too). Joshua pays so much attention to detail and always recognizes little things that some might not. He's also usually pretty willing to help. He tends to be the "runner" . He loves being the "baby" and will always be my baby.

They both love their family so much. I think they just feel free to be themselves with them and make people laugh. Both of them have a never ending desire for knowledge. If you've spent any time with them you know how true that is. They are always asking questions and pushing their limits. At times this can be very annoying but its still something I love about them. I love that they have each other and I hope that no matter how much they fight they will always be there for each other and will grow closer as they get older. I love when they talk to each other and work on things together. It is the cutest and most endearing thing ever.
So, Jason says I'm way too winded but I just felt like sharing about how lucky I feel and how blessed I am to have all of my kids and grateful I am for each of them with and without the things that drive me nuts, make them individuals and make them so special to me. They are all getting so big! When I lay in Jacobs bed I realized that the "spoon" was pretty dang full! He's almost the length of his bed now and they both out grew the tub a long time ago. Laynahs' pretty frustrated by the thought of them passing her in height probably much sooner than she'd like.So, THANK GOODNESS for my little girl and BOYS. :o)
6 comments:
You better tell those neighbor kids to leave Jacob alone or his Aunt Kristi is going to come to their neighborhood and kick their nasty, little butts! See, I've never been the type to walk away...
I got your back Kristi!!!
This made me feel a little sad that we do not live closer. I love my boys just like you love yours. Thanks for sharing. Oh by the way, I can't stand a bully. Go ahead and let Kristi have em!
Oh I don't walk away very well either. I'm not sure I always help the situation. I've come very close to rippin' heads bald. I wish I could.
Enroll them in martial arts! BTW, I love the picture of them in their church clothes - future missionaries!
I really want to do that, actually, Natalie.
Post a Comment