I thought it would be nice to just visit & take some time reflecting on what I thought she might be feeling or seeing this weekend as I recieved my pin and finished the nursing program. I think she would have been proud of me for facing such a giant fear of mine & overcoming it, actually reaching such a huge goal for me & my family. She never would have wanted nursing to be my priority; as I completed the nursing program, I hope she knows that I tried very hard along this journey to keep my family as my main priority and that they always will be. I miss her so much and although she wasn't physically there for me on Sunday, I could feel her so strong in my heart as we reached the stage and everyone stayed standing and cheering.
At the arch..Alicia & I.
Susan meeting Dad. She went running up to him with a hug. He was all excited, even though at first he didn't know who she was. He had spoken to her on the phone once. She & Erica were excited to meet him. I think he liked it too.
These friends of mine gave me a place to stay, a shoulder to cry on, and thousands of laughs. They made nursing school fun. This is Erica, Susan, & I. I will never forget their encouragement and devotion to getting us through the program.
Kathi Sears is the red head on my right side. She is LDS and she was also a great friend to have. She helped to get me through the math and always reminded me to pray. She was my awesome example, and reminded me when necessary, of what is really important.
The candle lighting represents the light of knowledge; what we've gained and that we must continue to learn even as we become licensed, working nurses. I'm fifth from the right on the top row. Erica was glad to light my candle, "giving me some of her knowledge" .
Nursing in my family. Three out of four kids in my family with nursing degrees & my brother in law Lee. On Friday after going to the mountain, Alicia & I visited Tracie at Desert Valley Hospital & brought lunch. Skip came in too but wasn't able to visit long. SHe gave Alicia & I tour of the hospital & introduced me to a couple of the directors. Hopefully I can work out in Victorville sometime soon. I'd really like to be in labor & delivery at DVH. For now, I have a job at Antelope Valley Hospital on a med/surg telemetry unit. I should be able to start work in January with my temporary permit until the boards, hopefully in February.
We had dinner and fun at the Claim Jumper after the ceremony. Good food, though I hardly ate because I was too busy talking and the adreniline was still pumping.
I'm so grateful to everyone who has been there for me, encouraged me, and kept me on my toes. I'm also thankful for my husband and family for being patient with me & tolerating me, even on my bad days. It was a lot of work for them too.Oh, and who would have thought the weekend would end with snow in BORON? Not me. Those were some very big snow flakes falling on our bird house. The kids were shocked and excited to have the opportunity to wear their big coats.
This is just south of Kramer Junction on the 395. The snow didn't stick at our house. It was too wet. But it did stick along 395. Alicia had to take a later flight home because the pass was closed then slow going due to the snow, but we got her there and she is safely home.

6 comments:
Dear Misty,
I am so proud of you. I have tears of joy in my eyes right now as I type this. The trip to Mom's tree must have been special. I KNOW your mom is proud of what you have accomplished in nursing and as a wonderful mom. She would have been a basket case of tears at the pinning ceremony. I loved the pictures. It must have been fun to see Alicia again.
Congratulations Misty! That is so awesome. Best of luck to you in your new career!
Misty, that is SOO awesome! I'm really happy for you, and you look great as a nurse! I have no doubt your mom is proud, and I miss her terribly too. Good luck!
Congratulations! What an accomplishment when especially when you have a family. Way to go!
Oops another typo. Oh well that's Aunt Debbie for you.
Way to go Misty. I am so excited for you. That is such a huge accomplishment. I cannot imagine the amount of sacrifice you had to make. It is so nice to see people set out and complete a goal.
Post a Comment