cutest blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

Untitled

So, I just filled out my application to take my board exams! Yikes! I can't believe an end is coming into sight. I've taken 2 tests so far this semester & have 4 more to go. I was just talking to my friend who just reminded me that as of today we only have 2 months to go before finals. CRAZEE!! :o] I'm so excited to get through the nursing program. I was really lucky to have been accepted when I did for the AVC program. If I had stayed at VVC I'd still have a year to go.
I never thought this is what I'd be doing with myself, but I've learned to love it. I've never been very good at math or science & yet here I am. I do care about people though & taking care of them has really been a pleasure, even through the mess of things. I've really learned a lot & have come to believe a little more in my capabilities (I'm not quite as dumb as I always thought!).
I've had to miss a lot, and have had my share of ups & downs throughout this process, but I've almost made it. So, please...wish me luck, & maybe even pray for me. If all goes well, my pinning ceremony will be on December 14th 2008 at the Antelope Valley Fairground, Poppy Pavillion at 3:00 pm. That's another thing that happened today; we got our announcements. We each only got 5 but anyone can come and of course are welcome to join us. I'll walk in the Spring.



The other thing I thought I'd share is an idea I'm trying. I don't know how many of you have a problem with grumpy kids & are sad sometimes by the way they treat each other, but mine are unbearable sometimes, so I came up with something to try & remedy the problem.
Anyway, while watching General Conference on Sunday there was a little show about family & how in our desire to include our kids in various teams/activities we sometimes forget the family "team" we have. Well, throughout the nursing program & with other various happenings around here my family has fallen into some bad habits & spends a lot more time apart than united (even when we're together). I really miss my family when I'm not here or for some reason we're not all together. I look forward to seeing them & being with them, only to be greeted with fighting, arguments, & usually a dirty house. So, what I did is make a little box for kind words. I covered an empty check box with construction paper, decorated it like a football field, put a family picture near a "banner" that says Team Fealy on it, and put little individual pictures of each of our family members on the side. Also on the football field is an area for the "MVP". Our first MVP is Jacob, so his little picture is placed in the MVP area. Everyday each member of the family is to write something nice about Jacob & put it in the box. At the end of the week we'll open the box, read what everyone had to say, & then Jacob chooses the next weeks MVP. I'm kind of excited about this little experiment. So far everyone (even Jason) is participating & Jacob is really excited to see what is in the box. At last weeks football game he told me that he's always the last kid picked for the games & that his "friends" tell him he sucks! I'm hoping that this little activity will reinforce how special he is and that he doesn't suck, & that by doing this amongst the daily "riggamaroe" (sp?) of our life that we'll each be able to stop & think of something positive to say about each member of our team.
We have a lot of things to work on, but I figure this is a good place to start.

3 comments:

Susanna Landon said...

Misty, first I want to say congrats for sticking with nursing school. It has had to be so hard. I commend you.
The little box is sooo cute and such a good idea. I hope Jacob feels special. I bet he will. Nice job.

Fealyclan said...

Thank you

Natalie said...

I'm so proud of you, Misty! I remember when you were taking classes to prep for the nursing program and you're almost done! Yay!
And I love the MVP idea! I'm going have to store that idea in my head for the future. Let me know how it goes!