cutest blog

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Time Fun...etc.

So, I thought I'd do a little update with some of our recent happenings. Summer time has been pretty full & pretty nice so far. I'd have to say that so far, the busiest has been Laynah. Several months ago she was selected by the American Legion to be a state deligate at a program they call "Girls State". She was recognized by state/government representatives & they select 1 girl from 500 different schools across California to be representatives & 2 runner ups. They then get to go to a college for one week(all paid), in the summer to develop their own "government", with cities, counties, judges, governors, etc. & also write up and pass bills. Anyways, Laynah could explain it better, I'm sure. She has also been a lifeguard at the highschool pool & is a swimming instructor. So, yeah, she's been kinda busy. We plan on taking a trip to the DMV next week for the drivers permit, hopefully that will go well. This is Laynah & her girls state roommate, Ana (at Pitzer College).

Closing ceremonies (interesting). A room full of 500 cheering, screaming, (& spirit fingers) 11th grade girls. Laynah & her roommates stayed up until 4 a.m. the night before (morning of).

See, the girl in the red with her spirit fingers. It was a loud room, but as something was said that interested or excited the girls their little wiggling spirit fingers flew into the air. It was cute.
Next are my busy boys. I had to take this picture of Josh. This outfit & his sassy little attitude for this front yard batting practice was pretty funny. You had to be here though to truely understand.

They've had some pretty high activity days whether they be in the pool or in my living room...my poor couches. Below is Jacob, Josh, & Laron & their version of indoor olympics/circus games. They set up the cushions then started at the end of the hallway for their running leaps through the air to see who could get the best distance. Although I stood their irritated by their overactive indoor festivities, I couldn't help but take a few pictures. Hey, it's better than listening to them fight. although games like these usually lead to one or an injury or two. Oh well, what can I say?
They were actually trying to not only get the best distance, but to also skim the top of the cushion, hopefully without touching.

A good picture was also a bonus. Gotta love my boys... :o]


Joshua reminded me of Kristi a little in the following picture. When I first spotted him out on the trampoline he was just laying there by himself, jumping, etc. Just chilling out...by himself. I'm sure Jacob was on the computer & Josh got impatient waiting for him to come play so Daisy joined the fun. I have a couple better pictures, but I thought the flying through the air shot kinda kept with a developing theme.


...And here we have the water rocket! Good thing Daddy made it to the birthday party. He provided at least 15 minutes of high flying entertainment! Here it is with Josh...


Now Jacob.... & Laynah wishing she was little again.
We didn't have many people show up at the pool party. I think the fact that the invitation was passed out on the last day of school might have had something to do with it. I don't know., but it worked out pretty good. They all fit at one table, there was no big mess, they all got along, & I think they all had a great time. Joshua is looking foward to his baptism though. He's excited to see the family.


The wind was blowing so the candles wouldn't stay lit. This is Josh pretending to blow out the 8 candles on his cupcake. What a goober!



And lastly... the birthday gang.

So, anyways...kind of a scattered, long blog, sorry. We're having a good summer though, hope you all are too.

No comments: