Hold your horses now though. There have been so many goings on that I'm not sure where to start. I'd kind of given up on the whole blog thing actually. However, I've kind of also missed it. I post pretty regular on FB so I never know what to put here. It always just seems like a repeat of the same old thing and of what viewers have already seen on my FB.
Since I last posted my daughter married her sweetheart in the Los Angeles, Ca. Temple (so glad that is over). Then in the same weekend while we were supposed be recovering Joshua went in for surgery to have his appendix removed. He recovered almost instantly but it took us a while to recoop. Then the following months were a bit of a blur with the holidays and all. We had some great times. It was nice having our little pre-Christmas Christmas with our new family including the new son-in-law. I still think it's a bit weird saying I'm a mother-in-law( it's makes me feel a bit old) but it's kind of like he's always been here too. After Christmas Jason and I took the boys to Indiana to spend the New Year with friends. Jason was really excited to blow up the skies of Indiana on New Years eve since fireworks are actually legal there. They even have stores to buy just about every firework imaginable. Jason and Charlie had left overs from the Fourth of July too so we had quite the celebration.
I think it was a day or two before coming home that we found out our house had flooded. A pipe had burst due to the freezing weather while we were gone. On the last day of vacation I slipped and fell on some ice and sprained my ankle to add to the joys of being sick most of the time we were there. Upon our return we realized that the flooding had been a bit more severe than we had anticipated. The floors were cold and wet and we had mold growing up the walls. That has been tons of fun (not!). We are now just sitting in wait for the insurance to figure a few things out and looking for supplies to make the repairs.
Now we're into February. This is probably the busiest moth of the year for us. We have about a gazillion birthdays this month (well maybe just about ten) but this month can be a bit crazy to say the least. We had Super Bowl Sunday to celebrate, birthday parties to attend, and a couple of ordinations. My nephew will be receiving the priesthood soon and among all of the activity, I almost forgot that Jacob will be ordained a teacher (also priesthood) some time this month too. We will just need to figure out when. I think just about every Sunday is taken so far.
All of this has been made all the more interesting between Jason and my work schedules and Jason working out of town. we seem to work it out though. I have to say I'm feeling a bit tired just re-reading this post with all of the happenings but I have to admit, I wouldn't have it any other way. I saw something somewhere the other day that said, "my life might not be perfect but it has it's perfect moments". We have our ups and downs for sure but I love this crazy family and life of mine. I'm so thankful for all that I have and to be sharing it all with the most perfect man (for me).
Maybe I'll try and get back on the blogging band wagon because as I said before, I kind of miss it. I'll see if I can post a few pictures of the passed few months. For now I'll just say thank you to all who have shared these memories with us and for those who have lent a helping hand, bent an ear to listen, or have offered assistance and advice. We love you! Oh, and I'd like to say happy birthday to all my fellow aquarians sharing a birthday with us this month!
No comments:
Post a Comment