cutest blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I have always had such great or should I say high expectations for New Years Eve. Somehow, in my mind it needs to be romantic, exciting, eventful, etc. I really kind of love New Years and Valentines. Besides Christmas, they're pretty much my favorite holidays. In these recent years I've found that no matter what is going on I'm pretty glad to just share the holiday with these guys.


For the passed two years we have stayed home on NYE...no bunco with the old folks! Haha... I miss bunco with the old folks (some of my parents best friends), but I've kind of enjoyed the mellow time, safe at home. 
Does this mean I'm getting old? 
Right around 11:40pm I pulled out some Christmas "poppers" that have been (forgotten about for two years) stuck in a closet. The "pop" was pretty disappointing actually, but inside were these amazing paper crowns! Priceless, I tell ya! FABULOUS!
               

Well of course we were not satisfied with the basically nonexistent "pop" of the poppers. After our begging and pleading, Jason reluctantly pulled out some of the fireworks. It really took some arm twisting. Can't you tell by that giant smile on his face? He made us promise not to yell and scream...so we did...promise....but we couldn't help it. At midnight the boys and I hooted and hollered and ran inside with Jason close behind.
I love my boys. I love my family. I'm pretty thankful for all the blessings that come each year. I'm so thankful to have a new year to celebrate however we want and to look forward to whatever it may bring.

So on that note a few thoughts via pinterest.com (link to follow).




No comments: