cutest blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

I would have to say the hardest part of having boys is the fighting. In this crazy world we live in babies are being born stronger and need to be fighters, a lot of them. I know not all boys are fighters and that girls are sometimes some of the most ruthless fighters. My boys are fighters. Well I guess I should put that differently. If provoked or in the mood, my boys will fight. They have strong personalities. They fight mostly with each other a lot of the time. Usually the fighting and wrestling is in fun or to delay bed time...that is until one or both of the get hurt. Jacob generally does everything he can to avoid a fight, unless it's with his brother, but Joshua is another story.
At the beginning of the school year I had to nip some chaos in the bud straight away for Jacob. I usually try very hard to stay out of it but he was coming home bruised and spirits broken. I was so angry and so afraid for him. I just can't stand how cruel kids can be sometimes. Even if he wasn't going to be bruised I was not going to put up with what the name calling and bull crap was doing to my son. I had to get the school counselor involved. It seems to have worked, so far. Knock on wood!
Anyways, Joshua just came home after a long day of playing and riding bikes with a nice little goose egg on his head. Oh and a dry, bloody lip. I'm sure that was great on the newly brace filled face. I guess he got a few digs in too but I hate when my boys are hurt. I guess the boys were playing ball and Josh got into it with one of Jacobs best friends (quite a bit bigger in weight than Josh). Jacob had to pull his friend off of his brother. I guess their friend said he was sorry but dang it!
What breaks my heart is that although in the heat of the moment and adrenaline pumping; throwing a few punches was exactly what he wanted to do, but he comes home to me with tears and regret in his eyes. I hate that...uuggh tears at my heart!
So far this school year has been better in regards to the fighting where both boys are concerned. We've had much worse issues in the past. I think Josh is kind of trying to keep it together to make it to 6th grade camp at the end of the school year.
As their mom I just want to get in there, protect them, and get to the bottom of things. Maybe we just won't be that kids friend anymore! At least for tonight.





via www.pinterest.com
I wanted to add some pictures of my dirty rascal boys but I guess these cute boys on pinterest will do. I really love my boys. I'm so thankful I get to be their mom. I know they need to be fighters sometimes but to a certain extent. I'm still pretty partial to the hugs, kisses, laughter, and lighter side of things. I'm so glad Jacob protected his brother. That is his job after all...right? I think so. They need to be there for each other in the good times, and especially the bad. No matter how hard they fight I know that deep down they love each other. That makes me so happy.

1 comment:

Laynah said...

aw.
i love my boys too.