I am really boggled by the fact that my girl is going to be 20 years old!! This is kind of her birthday post. I know it's a little early but as you can see I've been thinking about it. Mostly I can't believe I'm old enough to have been a mom for 20 years already! I can't believe the things we've been through and what an amazing person she is today. I'm so proud of her.
This is one of my favorite pictures of her. I had to go digging around for it, the one above, and one other that I was unable to find so far. This was her preschool picture. She was 3.
This is another favorite. Climbing trees in my Aunt Joyce's back yard without a shirt. Classic! I've always thought she looked so perfect in it though. I almost submitted it to a photo contest once but wasn't sure how it would be accepted with her being topless and all.
...And then there is the girl in her. She has always loved to dress up pretty and be a girl too (especially in fields of flowers). That's one of my favorite things about her.
Then there were three. We started us a family and soon after she became the big sister. She is pretty great at it too, when she feels like it. The boys believed for quite some time (and maybe still do) that she was magical enough to levitate. She has always enjoyed finding ways to make them laugh. She's devastated when they're hurt, and now that they're all getting older I think she kind of enjoys the communication with them too. I know they have their secrets.
She and Jacob have always gotten along. I think he brings out the good in all of us most of the time though. They just click easier. I laugh when I remember how excited she was to have him home when he was born...and then she was frustrated. She said, "when is he going to talk, and walk, and play?" I said, "just be careful what you wish for...one day he'll be all into your stuff, won't stop talking, and will never get tired of playing with you"...and guess what?!
Her relationship with Joshua, on the other hand is a little more of a challenge. They are so much alike that they tend to butt heads more. She says he thinks the same way she does (and did over the years) but that she would never do or say the things that he actually does and that frustrates her. She's totally got his back when it comes to fashion and shopping though. This photo was a little surprise. I don't even remember it. I thought she looked so sweet, and although disappointed that he wasn't a girl, she fell in love anyway.She just looks so darn good at being the big sister in this picture I think. I'm so grateful to have a daughter. I'm thankful for having her. I'm thankful for the relationships she has with her brothers and being able to watch them grow up together. I'm most thankful for how all of them shape our family and how warm my heart feels watching them interact when they think no one is paying attention.
I was actually going to do a second post on just that. I've noticed lately that although the kids may argue and fight, when one is away from home, they miss each other! They tend to forget that I notice. I do though and they deny it "up one hill and down the other" that it's true but I see it. I think that is what got me thinking about this post. I wanted to find the pictures in which I had actually captured little moments between them where they were playing or just hanging out. Also...am I the only mom that likes to listen in when she hears her kids having conversation? Is it not the cutest thing? I love my kids! I hope Laynah has a very happy birthday, although I'm not sure what we're doing yet, and I hope she has an incredible new year ahead of her....and maaaannny mooore!








2 comments:
Those were some great shots! The kids were all so adorable. It goes by way toooooo fast!
WAY too fast! Thanks for sharing:)
Post a Comment