cutest blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Insomnia

So, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that does this...you know, toss and turn in bed, mind racing over all the things you want to do, see, accomplish in the morning. The problem is, while you lay there thinking of everything, you're missing those quality, necessary zzzz..'s to wake and actually pick away at that "to do" list you've made in your head. Half the time most of the list vanishes with whatever sleep I may have gotten too which is even more frustrating. Lately, I've felt so motivated to create something, clean up, exercise, get organized, but then I wake up late and don't feel like doing any of it. Then I also remember a plentiful bank account is also a bonus to have....hence, more frustration.

What to do, what to do...? I guess I need to actually start writing things down and prioritizing my day before it starts. Working nights makes things a little tricky too. I've found that if I sleep on that first day off, I sleep too much, then I'm awake the whole night, which means partial loss of that second day off because I then sleep in. Therefore, I guess I need to keep myself awake as long as I can tolerate that first day so I can get some kind of normal sleep in on my days off. Problem...my family lectures me every time I do that. Guess it has something to do with the brain dead zombie wandering the house or laying around (sometimes drifting into a little snore). I can't imagine what the problem is with that!


Here is a little peek into my wandering mind:
 I'd really like to make some cute hair accessories. Let's face it. These look so easy to do.


This cute little gift is a year of dates. Oops...Jason will probably see this. Let's hope by the time I finally put it together he will have forgotten all about it.

This one covers a couple of things. I am craving a trip to the beach or two. Too bad summer is about over! Next, you know how we learn or are taught/reminded to develop our talents? Well I really don't feel like I have any. I had to think hard about one I'd even want to develop. I would love to be a better baker or cook. I feel like I should know how to sew, and wish I did. But mostly, I would love to learn how to take amazing photos and to edit them too.

Finally, the more important of the lengthy list:

I need to totally overhaul my home. The decor is definitely lacking. 
Clean up and get organized!
Get my toosh back to the temple. It has been far too long and I'm in desperate need. I would love to travel and see as many temples as I can.

 Study, study, study. As much as I hate to, I need to move on in my education and get the BSN. I also need to just brush up on the skills and pathophysiology of nursing. I wish I knew more of these things like the back of my hand. I want to be quicker at remembering the things I know I've learned but have been stored away in the good 'ol subconscious.
It's just a little list. Right? pahaha... see why it's so hard to sleep? There are so many other things rolling around in this brain of mine.
 How about you? What are some of your goals and how are you getting them done?

No comments: