cutest blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day 2010

Every Christmas Eve my family has always celebrated by having dinner, a talent show, and a gift and ornament exchange. For the passed several years we've done so at my brothers house. This is our dinner line with Daddy Bear Corey overseeing. Corey is Emilys husband who is currently over in Afghanastan (sp?) for the Army. Emily will be heading home to Georgia on Wednesday but Corey won't be home for another couple of months.
I love my nieces. They just get more beautiful all the time and I'm so proud of them.
   My sister Melanie had to get in on the pictures too. Love her and proud of her too for a great year.
My dad showing off his "Mr. Rogers" cardigan...he he he he
Jacob rockin' his new jammies! He is such a freak but I love him so much for all the laughs.
My little niece Hannah was so excited to have everyone over that she had asked her mom and dad how many of us would be there and boys, girls etc. about a week before. She then made each of us a little present. Mine was a picture of a nativity scene that she drew and colored. Then when the time came she had Mikaela help her pass them out. So cute and so sweet. I love my picture.  The Crandall kids were the only ones who participated in the talent show this year. Each of them have been learning to play the piano and did a really good job playing a song or two each. While Mikaela played her last song, "Oh Holy Night" my dad started to quietly sing in the background. It was so beautiful.
Emilys daughter Averie is such a funny little personality. She was one of the first to greet me when we arrived at Skip and Dene's and tugged at my pants to get my attention for a hug. Oh my goodness! She melts my little heart! She is so cute and so funny and I'm so glad I've gotten to see her so much (well more than usual) over the passed few months. She got a kitty hat and mittens from her mom and dad. She loves animals, including dinosaurs and loves to pretend she is one (an animal of some sort).
Laynah got "Just Dance" for the Wii. Hilarious!! She had to rock in her long john pj's asap. Please nevermind the whirlwind of Christmas all over my living room.

Joshua had gotten a rip stick for his birthday that was stolen after only a couple of days so Nana and Pa got him a new one for Christmas. I can't believe how well he actually rides it but scary!
Jacob got a new scooter. Both boys did. Yes, he is wearing pajamas with church shoes!! He kills me!




So continuing on in our Christmas festivities we always go to Nana and Pas house to see family, exchange gifts for the kids, and of course an amazing dinner and tons of dessert. Just like at Thanksgiving, Larry aka Pa set up tables in his garage so we could all eat around the table together. It's so nice to be able to sit down to eat together and much easier to visit with everyone. They even set up a tree and games for the kids. Good times.
I re-took this picture of Grandma wyatt and Jason because Grandma Wyatts eyes were closed but once I took a better look I thought it was really cute so it's a keeper!
Shauna aka Nana with one of the cutest babies ever, Quinn. He is such a sweet baby.
Laynah and Nana

Joshua and Jason at play.
Laynah absolutely adores her cousins. Most of them got DS's of some shape or size and were "gaming". I love the laughter in this picture.
By this time of the evening Wyatt was so excited. He and Laynah both had lollipops so he wanted to be in the picture with Laynah and Emma. When we were leaving he stood at the door waving, giggling, shaking his little booty, and singing bye to us!
So, yeah these pictures are all out of order but anyhoo...Wyatt could not get enough of the bowling game  and he and Olivia liked to just sit on it to get better aim at the pins.

At dinner Mike and Jacob were all about the "Call of Duty" and other gaming talk.

Joshua, Aaron, and Wyatt at dinner.
Three generations of beautiful, strong, women.
The (other) Fealy's generation.
We had a really great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with family. I wish we could celebrate like this all the time. I love our families and that we're off to sharing another year together. Hope everyone else enjoyed their family and celebrations as well. From my family and I, we wish you a very happy New Year! 2011...WOW!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Thanks again for all the pictures. It was really nice getting everyone together. It was a busy, but very nice holiday season!