Can I just say I'm a little excited about Christmas this year? The only problem is that it has come too quickly and I'm sure it'll be over just as fast. I just can't believe how fast this year has gone! I remember and now miss the days of my own elementary school programs and how Christmas seemed to take for-ev-er to get here. The boys had their program just last week. It was really cute. Although I might miss the days of my own beginning band playing or the fun Christmas carols we used to sing, I love watching my kids. Jacob and his friends sang along while Joshua was way too cool to sing. In every picture I took Joshua was just standing...mouth not singing. He says now that he did sing to at least three songs but I have pictures to prove otherwise. Still it was worth a giggle.
You can probably pick them out but Jacob is in the middle section with the blue plaid shirt on. His friends Laron and Avery are in view too. Joshua is to the right with a black sweatshirt on...mouth not singing. I don't know if you can pick them out, I wasn't able to get very good pictures. When we got home and since we were all dressed, I wanted to get some pictures in front of the tree. This is the first tree in quite a few years that I've actually hung garland or put any of my own touches to it after the kids hung the ornaments. We think it turned out pretty nice. I am definately getting curtains soon though. The wall behind the tree just seems so bare and boring with the tree next to it.
Our Pepper Kitty thinking about chewing on an ornament,. Yes, she chews...thinks she's a dog. She had to be part of the family photos as she has become quite a fun member of the family. Poor little doggies were stuck outside. We didn't think they'd cooperate or that by them being inside would it be pleasant for anyone.
I know I've expressed my gratitude lately for my growing family, and by growing I mean growing older of course. Each of the kids are such individuals yet with bits and pieces of shared traits, manorisms, and personality. A perfect day for me is just spending it with my little family. Although I enjoy the "extras" that come and go around here I do love just having these guys all to myself. It was a tricky getting everyone,
especially my dear husband, to participate in the picture taking until I got the "nice" one I wanted but in the meantime we ended up having a little fun.
Below are some decorations I dug out this year. Most of which are some of my favorites from growing up. I had full intention this year of cleaning and decorating the whole house. The house is picked up for the most part, bathrooms are painted, pictures long lost are finally starting to find a home on the walls, and at least one room got decorated.
The bouquet shown here proves my floral arranging needs work but I thought it turned out ok. The teddy bears are from the last few Christmas trees of my Moms. Attached to a few of them are some notes some of the family wrote to her or for her the Christmas after she passed. Although I cried as I read them I was smiling too. One was like a message from Heaven. It was a note my mom had written to my dad expressing to him how much she loved him and would miss them while they were apart. I know this rings true still today, even as he loves her and longs for them to be together. The note from Jason was pretty cool too. I've missed her this year and the excitement and traditions she held so dear this time of year. It was fun bringing out these decorations and listening to the music, feeling a little closer to her and the fun we used to have.Mr. and Mrs. Santa actually turned out pretty cute too, much cuter in person though. These two were also favorites of mine and it's fun to share these things, these times, and memories with my kids.
I can't believe another year is coming to an end. I'm so grateful for the purpose of our celebrations and the spirit of giving. From Our Family, we wish you all the best this Christmas and a very happy, healthy New Year!
So, this is my lost blog. A lot of it was deleted but at least the pictures and some of what I'd written was saved. I don't like this one as much as the first but I'm glad I don't have to re-do the whole thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment