cutest blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Twelve Years Together

Dating.

I really had planned on posting this before we left for vacation last week, since I knew we'd becoming home on our anniversary. March 14th, 1998...seems not so long ago, but yet when looking back on everything we've been through and done in the passed 12 years, it seems like forever ago. Jason & I met at single adult volleyball. I remember telling my mom about this guy who looked like the only one my age and how cute he was. Little did I know but that he had noticed me too! In weeks that came we started talking a little...he was so shy...and when I finally asked him his age I found out that he was 2 years younger than me!! DANG IT!! I with a 4 year old and in the position I was at the time figured he was completely out of the question for me. Regardless we became friends and would flirt back and forth all the time anyway. He would always ask me if I wanted to get married and my reply, of course, would be, "oh yes...of course!" We dated a few times and had alot of fun but in my mind he was still someone I could not be serious with. I felt like he still had a few things he needed to do (#1...his mission) and that I had way too much baggage for him to have to deal with. We had gone to a party one night and got into a pretty serious conversation about our futures and most specifically, his mission. Anyway, when he dropped me off that night we hugged good night and as he walked away he said, "ok well when you're ready to get married, let me know"...I laughed and said ok. Over the next couple of years we really didn't see each other and life went on. I always kept him in my mind though and wondered what could have been. So about two years later and after a dysfunctional relationship with someone else, I decided to give him a call. At first he wouldn't return my calls but one night I finally got him on the phone. We talked and laughed and I asked him if he remembered telling me to let him know when I was ready to get married....then told him I was ready!
Engaged!
Cutting the cake.
San Simeon honeymoon.

 He ended up coming over that night and that was the beginning...three months later we were engaged and getting married...ha ha ha! At that time I loved him and knew that he was my forever. However, I don't think I realized then or even over the next few years how perfect he was for me and how much I really truely loved him, or how much that love could or would grow. This might all seem so cheesy or whatever but I guess I've been feeling that way alot lately. I just really love my husband and our crazy little family and our crazy little life. Everytime I have them around me...when we're just together my heart swells. I'm so thankful for all that Jason has been for me, for the family he has made with me, and for the support and strength that he has been for me and our family through some of our toughest times and just day to day. He is so much fun and makes me laugh all the time. He works so hard and not just outside the home. Besides everything that he is he's also pretty darn good to look at! Ha Ha!
mmHmm..
Sealed for Time & Eternity...LA temple.

We've made our family an eternal one and although we may struggle sometimes, I am so grateful to know that he really is my forever and that as long as we work together, laugh together, and just honor each other and the promises we've made we will share eternity with the family we've made.
Log ride at Buffalo Bills.
Cosmic Cavern and the two bottomless lakes.
Branson Landing.

The New Shanghai Circus...our date the night before our anniversary...since we knew we'd be traveling the next day.

4 comments:

Kara said...

For the record...I totally made it to the sealing. I just had to run a lil bit.

Trena said...

You guys are so cute! I remember your wedding very well and we were all happy to see Jason married! :) And he got you and adorable Layna out of it. How lucky is he?? :)

Kristi said...

Why wasn't I at your sealing again?? I can't remember where I was at.

Natalie said...

Awwww! Your story gave me goosebumps!!
It's so nice to hear things like this when divorce rate is at all time high.