This weekend was mine & Jacob's birthdays and of course Valentine's Day. We found a pretty decent deal on Magic Mtn. season passes so thats what we did for our birthdays and as a family Valentines. We also had a couple of nice dinners and a movie. It was a really fun weekend and a really great birthday and Valentine's Day.
First let me say, Happy Birthday to my Valentine baby. I can't believe he is 11!! Next year he'll be ordained to the priesthood and passing the sacrament. I can't believe how fast the time has passed. This time 11 years ago I was in labor with my little 10 pounder! I was so excited to be having a Valentines baby and he just made it at 11:32 pm. I was also very excited for Jason, Laynah, & I to be expanding our little family and for Jacob to meet his sister. I think that was one of the hardest things for me to deal with when he so dramatically entered the world and was so fragile and sick. I was so disappointed when Jason & I had to leave the hospital 3 days later without him. We were so afraid and worried for our boy. The whole family was. I know that he came through all of that because of all the prayers, blessings, and love that surrounded him at that time. There were lessons needed I guess and not so easily learned when he was born and throughout the first few months of his life.
He was such a beautiful baby. He has always had the sweetest, kindest spirit and gentle heart. He was such a cuddle bug and I LOVED to just hold him. He has always made me laugh at the funny little things he does. When he laughs or smiles his eyes light up and its just infectious. As he has grown, so has his personality and sense of humor. He is an honor student, a caring brother, loving son, and faithful friend. He loves science and math, the color and flavor green (you know...lime, green apple etc.). He gets very excited about all things "boy"...anything with an engine (especially big ones), video games, explosions, space, and how things are made and work. He has always been a seeker of information. Even before he could really speak he would ask, "what dat??". He loves pizza and to try new things. He hates potatoes and spagetti, and mean people, or things that hurt the people he loves. As you can tell and probably already know...I can't say enough about him and love him so very much. If you know him, I'm sure you can understand.
Jason wanted to take Laynah flowers at work since she couldn't be with us.
I got a really nice camera for my birthday and these flowers for Valentine's Day. I'm so thankful my mother in law taught my husband to be such an awesome man and gift giver. I love him and that love just seems to be growing more and more every day.

2 comments:
Oh my crappy, I almost the forgot the "what dat?" Damn that kid was cute!
I still can't believe you guys didn't take me to Dave's...wieners. Anyway, I'm glad to see I can finally comment again because your blog didn't have a place for them for a while!
Post a Comment