
So, Laynah turned 17 just recently. We did a couple of things. She had said she just wanted to go shopping & wanted a camera so the "festivities" were going to be pretty minimal, if any. At my niece Averie's birthday party my Dad & Laynah got to talking & my Dad was reminded of how OLD Laynah is getting. He burst into tears, snorts & all. My poor Dad. He has become so emotional in the passed few years. He held the crook of his arm in front of himself and just cried as he said, "I remember when she fit right here". After he calmed down for a minute he came in closer to Laynah & they talked. They realized that this year he would be turning 71 & Laynah would be 17. So, we thought that it would be nice to have a little celebration with him. It was nice to have my family over since it doesn't happen very often, so I'm glad we did it.
She did get a big cookie on her birthday when I got home from clinic & just this last Sunday Kristi decided to have dinner with that side of the family & to celebrate Laynah's birthday. Jason & I had thought we might all go to dinner but a cozy dinner at home is always much nicer. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go because I had a study group over to prepare for todays test (which I think I might have failed...), but Laynah did get the camera she wanted and took a couple of videos. They are both pretty cute but there are more.
Sorry "Walking Wyatt" is sideways. She is still figuring out the camera & evidently when you hold it vertical, the video shoots horizontal. Still cute though. Grandma Wyatt is pretty dang cute too, I think. :o]
1 comment:
That's so sweet how your Dad got so emotional... Tell him I said hi! Happy birthday, Laynah!
Post a Comment