Wow! That summer kinda flew right on by, right? Geeze. Laynah started her senior year. Jacob started the 4th grade, and Joshua started the 3rd grade. I can't believe how much they've grown. It seems like once school starts (kindergarten) that somehow we're put into lightening speed.
Laynah was all decked out ready to face the new year. She seems to be really happy with her class schedule. She'll be involved in making the yearbook and doing the senior slide show, among other things. She's planning on running cross country and track. She's been surprised by how much she likes track, and figured why not try cross country?
The boys said that their first day was the best ever. Jacob actually said it was amazing; so much better than 3rd grade. He'll be in school an extra half hour than Josh, but says that the day just flew by!Joshua's teacher is our primary chorister at church and she's really good. He says he really likes her and I've heard and seen nothing but good of her. He is so excited. Sunday he could hardly contain it. He was excited to wear his new clothes and to see his friends. He also said he had a great day.
They won't be playing football this season so they're a little bummed about that. They like playing and all the activities and traveling that goes along with it. We decided against it though because of how busy we'll be in the next few months, financial reasons, and the fact that the coach of Joshua's team would have been someone we don't care to deal with. The boys are ok with it though, and they look forward to baseball and football again next year. I'm going to miss seeing them in their little uniforms though and it is fun watching them all play the sports they love.
So, here we go again! I'm looking forward to starting school again next week. It's so hard being away from my family so much but at least (if all goes as planned) I'll be done with the nursing program this semester. With Laynah and I graduating this year, our family looks forward to moving on to whatever comes next, and where the future may take us.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh...I can't believe how beautiful Laynah keeps getting! You tell those boys to stay away from her. I'm so excited for her! Last year of High School, then it's off to more exciting things like college. The boys look really cute, too.
Post a Comment