cutest blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Easter 2008

So, I'm still trying to figure out how to line up the pictures on this blog as well as you guys. Easter this year was nice. The weather was great and as usual, spending time with family was great fun. I just can't believe how fast my kids have grown. Laynah is becoming more beautiful than I could have ever imagined...coming from me. I love how smart and strong she is. She beats to her own drum instead of generally following the crowd. She's a good girl. Jacob is experiencing growing pains right now and would like them to stop. He has gotten so big. He is such a sweet boy and so smart and so funny. Joshua is also growing like a weed. He has a mood that changes with the direction of the wind sometimes (like his mom) but he is so smart and very loving. Jason & I both love how the boys come and sit around us and snuggle up for a movie. I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging but I guess I have a full heart right now. I just love my family so much and I'm so thankful for them. I'm not sure I express that as often as I should. I feel like school is sometimes so consuming of my time and I miss them. The holidays for the last couple of years just seem to come and go so quickly. So, thankfully we have cameras to remember them. Here are a few memories we made this Easter with our own family and the cousins.

There was a time when Jacob had a hard time reaching the pedals of this power wheel. Now, he's almost too big. Time flies...huh?
Zach is such a good big brother. they are so cute.

Laynah, Emma, & Audrey making princess Ghizel and friends.
Jacob loves his little cousins.
Uh..oh.. it looks like the race is on.
Jacob was the only one that would stop for a split second to take an early morning Easter egg hunt picture. The kids actually colored about 5 doz. eggs this year. I don't think we needed quite that many. I feel like Bubba from Forest Gump... Egg salad sandwiches....deviled eggs....egg topped salads....boiled egg with season salt for moms power breakfast on clinical days.....uh..that's 'bout it.
I wasn't sure she'd like her new Easter dress because she's not such a little girl anymore, but I liked it. It reminded me of my little girl and how she used to dress. Besides, I think there is something very pretty about a cute little summer dress on a pretty girl.
My little Easter Bunnies. This was about as good as I could get. For some odd reason the boys wouldn't stay in their Easter outfits after church to take a picture and trying to get one before church...well...let's just say in my house...not so easy.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Now I don't know if you realized this...but the pic of Emma and Jacob hunting eggs is of the eggs Sonny placed in the ant hill. He thinks he is quite the comedian, but Emma was really disturbed by the ant covered eggs. Thank goodness Aunt Kelly saved the eggs and gave them to Emma.